Floyd rose install question

Updated
Digiadaamore
Hey guys, if your replacing a floyd special with an ofr, will the original floyd knife edge studs screw into the sleeves already in the guitar or do you have to pull the special sleeves and replace them with the ofr sleeves. and is it even worth it? are the licensed studs any different from original floyd studs:confused:
1point8t

Yea they will fit just fine. The Special studs are softer metal than the OFR's, but the new ones will thread into the old inserts. I would certainly swap them out as far as stability/longevity is concerned.

Beto

Yea they will fit just fine. The Special studs are softer metal than the OFR's, but the new ones will thread into the old inserts. I would certainly swap them out as far as stability/longevity is concerned.

I'm thinking about replacing the black nickel FR-1000 with a black OFR. How do I swap out the mount stud inserts? This is the main issue I'm concerned with to try it myself.

Edit: I want to swap everything out and replace it with all pieces from the OFR but the tremolo claw screws.

Murdoc

Really? I didn't think the OFR was interchangable with the anchor screws of the FR Special. I was going to switch my FRS with an OFR awhile back and could have sworn everyone here said I'd have to redrill the mounting screw holes?!

Digiadaamore

sounds good. Man you are the answer to all my questions eh

Metaldude

im wondering about the fact that the fr 1000 tremolo arm sucks so bad . I have a fr licensed and the arm is kinda loose , but it always stays in the position u leave it .
the arm of my 1000 is either too thight so u cant move it at all , or it's so fuckin loose that u don't have any feeling at all and it just hangs there .

actually I think the licensed aren't bad at all ! I got a Jackson licensed and it always stays in tune , u got an ESP licensed ?

Digiadaamore

im wondering about the fact that the fr 1000 tremolo arm sucks so bad . I have a fr licensed and the arm is kinda loose , but it always stays in the position u leave it .
the arm of my 1000 is either too thight so u cant move it at all , or it's so fuckin loose that u don't have any feeling at all and it just hangs there .

actually I think the licensed aren't bad at all ! I got a Jackson licensed and it always stays in tune , u got an ESP licensed ?

No an fr special, which function alright but the cheaper materials dont sound as good. And yeah the Old jacksons are awesome, they were made by schaller and theyre all hardened stainless and such. once fender bought jackson they started using cheap generic ones, i have a JT580LP on my custom DK thats just awesome its 8 yrs old now and still perfect:cool:

Digiadaamore

Have you ever adjusted your bridge height? if so you know you screw in or out those two allen head bolts, those are the studs just unscrew the old and screw in the new

ozzuk1

It's easy enough to pull the anchors just screw the studs in, wrap them with cloth and use a tool to pull them out, put the new ones in witha bit of super glue on the sides and bash them in.

You could keep the stock anchors but it's always a good diea to upgrade if you can, I have no idea if the 1000 series anchors are as good, or if they are a chepaer material like the saddles etc...

load more replies (2 of 2)
Metaldude

i got a 1000 on my neck thru , and somehow there's no sustain at all . on my jackson where the licensed is , the sustain is way better , and it's a bolt on ...

Post to Thread