Sinclair Trem - Brass Block?

Updated
OUTLAW1969
Has anyone ever tried to add a bigger block (brass) to an ESP licensed sinclair trem? Any ideas for locating one that will fit and the holes line up ?
1point8t

Those blocks are way different than any standard Floyd block... you would probably have to have one custom made.

OUTLAW1969

Yeah, I am starting to realize that. :lol

It sort of looks like one of the "L" shaped Floyd Upgrades blocks, but flipped over and mounted on the most surface space. I might pull one of those off of one of my Charvels, and just see if it looks like it would work. If it does, I might try to get a blank one from Adam, mark where everything needs to be, and have a local machine shop drill / tap the holes.

1point8t

That would be cool. Have them tap it for the built in trem-stop too... The steel used in the Synclairs was quality and dense, who knows how much of a difference it will make with the brass one in there. Make sure you will have enough clearance in the routing to allow for diving/pulling up with the thicker block.

OUTLAW1969

Excellent idea on the trem stop. If the brass block idea works, I would attempt to maintain equal spacing within the cavity as it is, without too much offset.

Post to Thread