emg help please

Updated
Digiadaamore
Hey guy i just installed an emg 81/60 set and i have a problem i cant figure out, when i first plugged in it worked just fine but every time i try to play now i just get a really quiet un amplified signal like theres no power and the volume pot does nothing it wont turn up or down,ive checked the wires, changed the volume pot, and the battery can anyone help?
WildeStarr

posting a pic of the control area would be helpful.

:cool:

Digiadaamore

OK i fixed it now i am absolutely dumbfounded with how this happened. i decided to try my other jack so after wrestling with the connection for about 10 min i got them off(this signals something) ok so now i put in the new jack same wiring checked it twice as shown in the instructions and nothing, so im pissed now what the hell is wrong with it, so out of shear anger i wired it the exact opposite of the instructions and... it worked so WTF! how did it work for 5 min backwards and why are the instruction backwards???

WildeStarr

Those new solder less parts and instructions are a bit tricky! I like it the old way better.

:cool:

load more replies (1 of 1)
Feraledge

The bus is way too big and considering the EMG solderless selector is like $50 I'm not really sure what the point is. I've installed two rounds of EMGs with the bus and both times spent way more time on the simple connection part than the soldering parts I've inevitably had to do.
And the only way I can usually get the bus to fit without shorting is to mount it sideways. And that sucks. Looks sloppy as hell in there.

To the OP, not much help here, but I understand the frustration. Shit gets confusing.

Post to Thread