EC-1000 Toggle and volume question

Updated
StayTun3d
I have an ltd ec-1000 in black cherry and I have a question about how the toggle/pickups/volumes are supposed to work. when the toggle is down the first volume works, when the toggle is at the top the 2nd volume works and the tone works just fine on it. My concern is that, when the toggle is in the middle position both volume knobs turn the volume off, like if one is on and the other is off the guitar volume is off, doesn't matter which volume. In other words, both volumes need to be on to play the guitar in the middle position(using both pickups). Is the guitar just made like this? Is it supposed to go off with either volume when in the middle position? I thought it just cuts out whichever volume and just uses one pickup like if you were just toggled to it. Help on this would be appreciated, If it's not supposed to be like this then I'ma take it in to the shop to get wired properly. :( Thanks!
WildeStarr

Your guitar is wired so that in the middle position, either volume control acts as a master volume. This is normal. However, you can have it changed if you want so that each volume control is independent. If you have a local guitar repair guy, he should be able to change this easily. Its just a matter of switching around a few wires.

StayTun3d

Thanks for clearing that up! I'm glad that it's normal, I thought there was something wrong with my guitar.

WildeStarr

no problem.

:cool:

Post to Thread