Pickup for maple body ?

Updated
Gazmonster
Need some advice on a pickups for my ESP Kami style please. I am finding it too bright with the screaming demon in, would a TB-4 JB or and TB-6 distortion sound less bright and give more output. At the moment I am leaning towards the distortion with a coolrails in the neck.
1point8t

Duncan Distortion all the way, if you're looking to keep that 80's Lynch tone going... I have one in one of my ash-bodied axes and it kills. I've found that the Demon's are way too bright as well.

Gazmonster

Duncan Distortion all the way, if you're looking to keep that 80's Lynch tone going... I have one in one of my ash-bodied axes and it kills. I've found that the Demon's are way too bright as well.

Thanks for that, will go for it

1point8t

So you are keeping your purple one in your avatar? Good! That thing rules.

Gazmonster

So you are keeping your purple one in your avatar? Good! That thing rules.

Yes keeping it now, was looking at les pauls but people expect the same money for them second hand as when they were new. Makes you laugh.

cecilbag

Definately, the m1 in my avatar I switched over to duncan distortion and its amazing, great advice as always 1point8t. It just screams for leads and still is super full for chugging, perfect pu for maple

1point8t

Yea... they've never done it for me. An LP Custom is one thing, but that's Suhr money right there and I'd definitely rather have a Suhr.

Big Rich

i hate the demon, my least favorite pickup honestly. if you can even find one try to get the seymour duncan super v. i had it in my M1 tiger for a little while and it totaly ruled.

Gazmonster

Just seen some clips on you tube, The super v sounds really good. Cant find any listed for sale though.

Big Rich

i did a video comparing the super v to an emg 81 a while ago.

VgoOyF0HWMA

Gazmonster

lol thats the 1 I watched, I have ordered the distortion now, so will see soon how it sounds. Thanks again for the info

Post to Thread