Help, Floyd Tuning Issue

Updated
Help, Floyd Tuning Issue
Hey all, I've run into a problem on my 99, LTD M-300, which is stock outside of SD pups. I took it into a store that was having a promotion that if you buy 2 or more sets of strings they would install one of the sets and do a quick set up. I had them install a new set of Dean Markley 11-52 strings, which is what was on there before and he did a quick once over on the guitar. I now he tightened the screws in the back cavity. I went to play it last night and noticed that I couldn't get a clear note on my high E string at around the 17th fret. I tried to continue playing and the high E string popped out from the Floyd and all the other strings went out of tune by a whole step or more while playing :mad:. I had this also happen months ago with a new LTD MH-327 and I eventually took it back and that store/tech lost my business. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't know if this is a set up problem or a floyd problem.
captcoolaid

Is it a tuning issue or a dead fret issue. Sounds like the later. You may need a complete setup.

Murdoc

What screws in the back cavity did he adjust? The only thing I can think of is the screws that hold the trem springs. In which case that wouldn't have anything to do with your problem. I bet he didn't tighten the high E block enough and the string pulled out. The dead fret problem was probably already there unless he put on heavier gauge strings.

Iron Dog

Thanks for the responses guys, the guy re set it up, it was the high e block not being tightened enough, I'll be playing her over the next couple of days to make sure it's all good.

Post to Thread