Issue with ESP Eclipse

Updated
Clements
The other day I went to pick up my ESP eclipse from getting a setup and was told that there was a major problem with it. Pretty much I was told that when the guitar was made the saddle has been screwed into the wrong position and this is going to effect how well the guitar stays in tune, especially higher on the neck. He told me that he could try and fix it but it would be expensive and might not even fix the problem entirely, basically said I should just try and get rid of the guitar as soon as possible. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Definitely not the news I was expecting to hear when I went to pick it up.
Clements

He told me it was something ESP should fix but unfortunately it is a 2nd hand guitar. It is easy to say he is a tard but I have dealt with him before with different guitars and never had an issue. Also I don't see what he has to gain by telling me this considering he told me to offload the guitar as soon as possible as opposed to getting him to actually fix it.

I will definitely be looking to get a second opinion though, before making any big decisions.

Gfunk

I was told that when the guitar was made the saddle has been screwed into the wrong position and this is going to effect how well the guitar stays in tune, especially higher on the neck.

He told me that he could try and fix it but it would be expensive and might not even fix the problem entirely, basically said I should just try and get rid of the guitar as soon as possible.

If this is an accurate quote from your tech, take it to someone else.

Is it possible you misunderstood what he told you?

As stated previously, and entire bridge including the saddles, can be replaced inexpensively. Better/more info is required in order to accurately resolve.

Clements

If this is an accurate quote from your tech, take it to someone else.

Is it possible you misunderstood what he told you?

As stated previously, and entire bridge including the saddles, can be replaced inexpensively. Better/more info is required in order to accurately resolve.

How much is considered inexpensive? The whole bridge needs to be ripped out of the guitar and then moved into the correct position and drilled back into the guitar. This guy isn't the only guitar tech that has told me this would be expensive.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread