LSR Tuners with floating floyd Rose HALP

Updated
zombieattack9
Long story short I own a custom Jackson RR that I ordered with LSR tuners and a floating floyd rose. Ive had it for years, but it seems like my process for restringing it every time either ends in success, or complete failure. The tuners are just plain weird, but look cool. Does anyone have any tips for restringing a guitar with LSR tuners while the bridge is a floating one? I block it when restringing, but the thing is, to get enough RANGE to tune inside the tuning mechanism, you have to make sure the string is taught or however you spell it, to a certain degree...and to what that is, I have no idea. Don't get it tight enough through the locking post with your hands= not enough range Too much= too much tension to let the string hub go back into the tuner Anyways, I hope others have endured this. Surely I can't be the only one.
ozzuk1

I think this is generally why they werent that popular, whats worng with standard tuners with a floyd/locking nut combo sperzels add a degree of speed to the string changes but it's still simple...

Are there no videos or pages on LSR restringing?

I think SYL may ahve had some LSR experience but I cant recall anyone else on here who's had them might want to try the JCF I can do a quick search on there tomorrow and see if I find any restring tips...

zombieattack9

I think this is generally why they werent that popular, whats worng with standard tuners with a floyd/locking nut combo sperzels add a degree of speed to the string changes but it's still simple...

Are there no videos or pages on LSR restringing?

I think SYL may ahve had some LSR experience but I cant recall anyone else on here who's had them might want to try the JCF I can do a quick search on there tomorrow and see if I find any restring tips...

I realize I could just go guitar surgery on her and put on normal gotoh's or sperzels, etc, but seeing as I custom ordered it this way, I'd just like to keep it going, however painful.

Zorlac

^^ pics of guitar ?

zombieattack9

Oh okay, I just misinterpreted what you meant man, sorry.

Yeah I've had the guitar since 2004. I'll check the link out and report back

ozzuk1

Good luck dude hopefully the floyd doesent compklicate things too much seems like the tuners are very sensitive and need a really exact setup...

load more replies (1 of 1)
zombieattack9

they're back mounted

ozzuk1

Just Sperzel it up dude and your issues will be over, I personally dislike the low ratio but you cant knock Sperzels stabillity and ease of use plus the anodized red sounds like major win..

Post to Thread