Floyd Rose Questions

Updated
Tfr123
When I was using my guitar, the string came out of the saddle and I took my guitar apart to inspect. I realised that the saddle was indented from the string, so I ordered a new one. Then I noticed when i was changing strings that all of my saddles have indents in them, but not as deep and I wondered if I was tightening them too much. How do I know if it is tight enough to hold the string in without slipping out?
ozzuk1

Im guessing this is an LFR Licensed Floyd, most floyds have a trench that the string will sit in.

Really if your needing to replace saddles on a licensed FR other than the schaller or gotoh unit, or Ibanez EDGE(lopro) varients then it's probably chepaer and easier to get a better quality trem, the OFR and GOTOH FR's will typically drop into most LFR routes...

The Gotoh Has locking posts so it'd be an idea to have it redrilled for them, your bridge may also need to be shimmed to match the fretboard radius...

What guitar is it?

And it is easy to overtighten on floyds you really only need to tighten the saddle enough that you can pull the string quite hard without it coming out if it's not tight enoguh it will slip otu when tuning or playing...

Tfr123

LTD M100FM. After I got it restrung, it works like new. I think the saddles just came bad from the factory.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread