choosing metal pickups

Updated
distortionman
Hi I am thinking about changing my pickups form my 2008 ibanez xiphos xpt700, and i cant find out which ones i should use. - i prefer seymour duncan but, all brands are welcome, (thuogh i dislike dimarzio). - i dont care if they are active or passive. - they have to be humbucker´or humbucker size Im am aiming for the sound that Michael Amott (from arch enemy) has in "revolution begins" but also the in "alias" by in flames plus a good fat neck humbucker, with a kind of "jeff beck feel". hope to get some good information and suggestions :D
garyjfoster

well in flames uses emg 81 and mike amott uses seymour duncan jb

brandono61cr

you could try the mustaine sigs or the custom and jazz

blistered earth

i always suggest duncan distortions and invaders for the bridge when suggesting duncans
for the neck i always suggest a pearly gates
i love these combos for passives they can also clean up very nice

distortionman

i always suggest duncan distortions and invaders for the bridge when suggesting duncans
for the neck i always suggest a pearly gates
i love these combos for passives they can also clean up very nice

will the pearley gates be able to handle drop tunings and an insane amount of distortion?

load more replies (1 of 1)
MV-CTM

I dig the invader in my amott ninja, just be careful with the EQ and it sounds awesome

distortionman

I dig the invader in my amott ninja, just be careful with the EQ and it sounds awesome

i have heard that the invader is very muddy:D

load more replies (2 of 2)
distortionman

i know i asked for duncan but are theany "not so known" pickups you can suggest:D

garyjfoster

i have a duncan distortion in my mc-600 and its pretty killer

Velt017

EMGs

Go active or go home.

I also dig DiMarzios... I particularly like the Super D and the SUper 3.

blistered earth

id go anything but a JB its honestly more sterile than an emg 81
your best bet off of that list is the dimebucker or invader as the warpig is not a good match for that pup

distortionman

id go anything but a JB its honestly more sterile than an emg 81
your best bet off of that list is the dimebucker or invader as the warpig is not a good match for that pup

Thank´s i´ll try the dimebucker and peary gates :D

garyjfoster

doesnt the dimbucker have alot of high end

garyjfoster

its hard to decide on pickups..for the fact you cant just switch them out so fast....its a pain in the ass and expensive

garyjfoster

not a fan of the jb..i do love emgs and duncans

nugget666

how is the invader for leads???

MV-CTM

how is the invader for leads???
most guys use the neck pickup for leads

load more replies (2 of 2)
tyler t.

i like the jb's in my jackson and my cock stock Horizon. It gets that great brootalz tone but has a nice crystal clean too. but i also like the emgs. i just dont have any in my guitars. i have 'em in my basses.

Kannon

Neck PU for leads is something I like, but it has to be the right neck pickup. There are just some I hate in the neck (I can't stand the '59 anymore, and I hate the EMG 81 in my SV). But a good neck p.u + a good gain tone = win.

OutlawTorn

EMGz

60 Neck
81 Bridge
18V MOD

;)

Post to Thread