Floating Trem Prob

Updated
rawrkunjrawr
well i want to tune my guitar to drop C but the stings (11-53) pull it up. I know i have to install more springs, i just want to know how many.
Roidster

1 spring and increase the tension of the springs,until you find the balancing point

rawrkunjrawr

thanks man

rawrkunjrawr

blistered earth

if you have 3 in already you should be fine
mine is in drop c and only has 3 and it works better than my buddies who is in E with 4

rawrkunjrawr

thats weird because whenever i try to tune it up the strings pull up the trem even when i screw in the springs all the way.

AndyPathosis

I always find that when dropping down to something like C with a floyd that putting the extra spring in is always the best option, even if the trem floats with the spring tension adjusted, I don't know what it is, I just feel more secure that way.

Velt017

How the hell is it pulling up in drop C? 3 springs should be plenty. Is it a floyd rose? Seems to me that your problem should be the bridge not pulling up if your springs are tightened the whole way.

ozzuk1

It honestly depends on the type of springs how old they are how much tension they put out etc..

Really i've found 3 springs isnt really enough for lower tunings with bigger strings 10-52's work ok with 3 in CGCFAD but any heavier string gauges will probably require more springs or higher tension springs...

Ive got 5 springs on a guitar with DGCFAD and 12-52's it might be an idea to get a proper setup too if you intend to keep it in that tuning...

Post to Thread