How can I get more information about my esp guitar?

Updated
teame1
Hi, I bought this guitar in 2002 secondhand. Im clueless as to when the guitar was built, materials used, model, rarety etc. All help really appreciated.
teame1

rest of pics

teame1

got the following from esp but not much info.

"Possibly mid 90's.
I do not have production records for older ESP's. Definitely a custom."

To me it looks most like a george lynch haji........with a custom paint job.

Really wanted to discover what it was constructed from (woods) and pickups installed.

Pushead

It's a cool guitar. Definitely 90s. I'd guess earlier in the decade than later. I have no idea of the wood. Is there any wood showing in the control cavity?

As for the pickups, next time you go to change strings, just pull them out and see if they have any markings on the back.

How long until you sell it?

teame1

Im not looking to sell it although it would be cool to know what it would be worth.
I havent seen any guitar like it in terms of graphic. Thats what attracted me to it when I first saw it. To be honest I would love to find out if anyone has seen one the same or similar before.
Trying to guess the wood I think will be difficult, to me anyway. I will check the pups but again hoped someone might recognise them. I figure seymour duncans.

Do you think it is basically a haji with a custom finish?

By the way thanks so much for replying. I posted in the sig section originally but had over 100 views and no replies.

Its annoying that guitar companies kept such bad records but I suppose computers werent in use like today.

Who ever commissioned the guitar had great taste........I will try and post some better pictures in the future........Its in mint condition except for slight scratching on the back of the neck.

Beaten Beyond

It appears to have an OFR with "original" etched on the top, so I'd guess somewhere around 1992 or 1993. I've got an M-II Deluxe that also has the "original" etching and a person on another forum was telling me that Floyds were etched like that roughly from 1988 to 1992. They could have been using parts past that time.

As far as the wood, on bolt-on neck guitars it's usually possible to tell the body wood by pulling the neck and having a look at the neck pocket. Also, sometimes wood is visible in the pickup routs.

teame1

Thanks Chad T, I appreciate your input........so atleast I have a rough idea of age now. Your way more accurate than the esp guys.

How can I tell the wood by looking at it? I would have thought they would only be using one or two types back then?

Beaten Beyond

Compare the wood grain to pics on the Warmoth site or elsewhere. If you are still stumped, then you might try taking pics and posting them on this forum or another and somebody can probably help out. I'm gonna guess it's alder, but considering it appears to be a custom shop guitar......it could be anything. How heavy is the guitar?

teame1

Thanks again ChadT. I was hoping someone could confirm the model it is based on. I will attempt to weigh it and get back...........

beercanz

buy a new giutar

Metlupass2

buy a new giutar

Good job on your useful contribution to this thread you fucking douchebag. Please punch yourself in the face for me.

teame1

buy a new giutar

What is a giutar? Are you a very stupid child or a retarded adult?

By the way thanks Metlupass2 for your constructive input.

Llexileon

If it is based on the Lynch (which it appears to be in many ways!) Then it's very possible that the body wood is Maple. Beautiful looking guitar anyway, in great condition for it's age!! Thanks for posting :)

teame1

Thanks Llexileon. It does seem strange that their doesnt seem to be (m)any like it. I wonder how the graphic was done? I will try and get some better pics and then post in the custom section. T;)

Metlupass2

If it is based on the Lynch (which it appears to be in many ways!) Then it's very possible that the body wood is Maple. Beautiful looking guitar anyway, in great condition for it's age!! Thanks for posting :)

Or alder like a Skull and Snakes.

Does the thing weight a ton?

Post to Thread