30" Shortscale Bass

Updated
Nagash
Those who already know me a bit know that when it comes to guitars, I prefer baritone guitars for their slightly longer scale... but with basses, it's actually the other way around. If you care about the logic, I can explain of course, but I'll just start with my request. I'm looking for a 30-inch scale bass : - semi-pro or pro instrument. I'm mainly a guitarist, but I also like to play bass and would like to be a bassist in some band. - 4 strings - I'm a metal player, I'd like a metal style instrument Any ideas ?
blistered earth

i dont know of any short scale "metal" style basses

blistered earth

yeah but all of the short scale basses ive seen are danos

Nagash

I'll play in Standard D but sometimes also in Standard E

Roidster

gibson necks are like baseball bats on their basses compared to fender

Nagash

I actually found something interesting, it's entry-level but still okay. I'm short on cash anyway ^^.

It's an Ibanez (I usually hate Ibanez guitars, their basses are okay though), the ARTB 100. It's cheap, but it'll be sufficient for some time for me.

tyler t.

I have a 1983 jackson num. 00034. Its very well on drop. good quality and sound with that "Metal" look. I also Recommend Anything By Richenbacher or alembic(for custom).
But Fender For Sure Seems to be the all around "good idea". now spector and ltd/ESP's are good too, IF u wanna stick to the brand u know n love lol.

Grindting

^they dont have the scale length that he wants

he wants 30" scale length read the OP

tyler t.

^they dont have the scale length that he wants

he wants 30" scale length read the OP

ooohhhh.........:o....... he wants a short scale?wth?! :rolleyes:

load more replies (1 of 1)
Nagash

I want a shortscale bass because I'm a goddamn guitarist with small hands, I'm used to guitar scales and my hands are too small for 35 and even 34 inch scaled basses. I never tried 32" but I already know 30" fit perfectly into my hands.

What's strange is this (well not strange but at least it's not logic) : when I play guitar, I prefer longer 27" baritone scales (for soloing, the highest frets are very small on a standard scale) but on bass, I need shorter scales. Call me weird !

Post to Thread