Help with replacing some parts on my guitar

Updated
yearofthespider2k3
I need some help with replacing some parts of my guitar (the Cavalera MC-600) that are worn/ aren't performing as well as they need. I'd like to get any knowledge or anything I need on the parts and where to order.... 1. The guitar needs a new nut. Any reccomendations for the best material for longevity, sturdiness, and of course tone. 2. Frets-- I am going to try with an escape of just getting the frets leveled. I don't see why this wouldn't work it would be the first time any job like this will have been performed but what brand of fret wire would be optimal and what are the benefits of stainless steel versus regular frets. Also what size? I have a somewhat heavy picking hand and fret hand. I am assuming a larger fret size would be optimal but again lack of experience and knowledge. 3. Bridge-- The bridge is said to be a Tonepros on the old ESP website but on the bottom of the bridge it says Gotoh. Can you just order new saddles or does it have to be a whole new bridge? Also of note the G, B, and high E strings are sitting on the edge of the bridge before they rest on the saddles. I don't assume it should be this way. Could the ferrules be worn and allowing the strings to come out too much of an angle so that they rest on the bridge instead of going straight into the saddles?
brandono61cr

damn dude ... do you beat your guitar with a hammer ?

yearofthespider2k3

No but unlike some people I don't have 2 or 3 guitars I only have the one and I play everyday. It does take a toll. I know for sure that I need a new nut and to have some frets leveled out. I was thinking since I wsa getting a new nut I may as well have the saddles changed out if possible. The problem I run into (I've said it a million times) is that there is noone who does work in the immediate area where I live. There is a shop that sells guitars (cheap ass les paul and strat copies) but they don't even do any work on guitars. I really want to knockout all the possible issues with one visit to the nearest shop. I plan on soon getting another guitar that way the wear doesn't come along so fast. I really want one of the 80's tele shaped eclipses but good luck finding one of those and a stephen carpenter 7 string baritone in natural finish.

And thnks to Boinz for the info let the searches begin.

Post to Thread