Help with tune o matic bridge

Updated
Rasberry
Is there some standard height for it? Should the other end be higher than the other? My guitar is Esp ltd fx 400 and the other day i cleaned up my guitar before putting new strings on it. One thing that i didn't realize was those "circle" things (don't know what their called) are attached to those screws and as they were litlle bit loose, so i kinda tighten them. After i placed my new strings, there was problems with the A and D string, you had to press them really really hard in order them to play right. I took the strings of and adjust the bridge higher, to a point that the A and D string played right but it's probably "too high" as i was tuning my high E string, it felt kinda too tight and in no time while i was tuning it, it went off, didn't snap just went off. So what i understood is ltd's are made by pretty much with automated machines so i figured that the bridges positions wouldn't vary so much or at all? I just want to get it to the position where it just to be. I'd really appreciate if someone can help me.
Rasberry

English is not my first language so i'm not sure how well i described my problem. And i tried to google the answer but it pretty much came up of where to set your bridge if one is building guitar of his/hers own.

What i'm asking, witch i didn't find the answer from google is, is there some kind of standard hight for the bridge that i could just adjust it? If there isn't any, then the other question is should the other end be higher than the other? If so, how much higher?

kgry

There is no standard height. You have to adjust it to fit your style.

Rasberry

Should the other end be higher than the other?

Pushead

It depends on how you like your guitar to feel. Typically, the bass side is a bit higher than the treble side.

Maybe this helps:

k2gfM8phcls

Rasberry

I was under the impression that the strings shouldn't be placed/tuned up while rotating the bridge. It was helpful, thanks.

One more question, my high E cant keep the tension up, when i try to tune it up, it kinda "snaps" and then it's loose again. Is it because the other end is too low? Does it matter that i already cut the extra string of?

diadorastriker

I was under the impression that the strings shouldn't be placed/tuned up while rotating the bridge. It was helpful, thanks.

One more question, my high E cant keep the tension up, when i try to tune it up, it kinda "snaps" and then it's loose again. Is it because the other end is too low? Does it matter that i already cut the extra string of?

Its slipping on the tuning posts.

Post to Thread