Pickup mounting

Updated
acefecoo
Hey! I'm thinking of mounting my pickups directly into my guitar (tired of pickup rings). Any advices? How should i do it? I have an LTD M-100FM thanks
diadorastriker

It wont work unless unless you get massive screws. Can i ask why you want to get rid of the rings?

Pushead

Some will put a small bushing into the guitar body and use a (shortened) regular pickup screw with a small spring or piece of rubber tubing to absorb shock. Many companies will enlarge the hole in the ears of the pickup to allow it to move freely and let the spring and screw head do all of the height adjustment.

You can do a similar thing with just a wood screw and forget the bushing.

It wont work unless unless you get massive screws. Can i ask why you want to get rid of the rings?

What makes you think that?

load more replies (1 of 1)
diadorastriker

Theres too much room in the cavity on most. They enlarge them like you said. The height underneath the p/u is routed to a distance too low. He would have to use foam to raise the overall height of the route in order to get it at a correct height.

diadorastriker

In my experience mounting humbuckers like that causes them to move around in the cavity. It mere physics. The singles have less mass and it is fairly centralized. The weight of the humbuckers are further apart and are more prone to tilt when weight shifts. Like a see saw, unless you do the bushing method in which i highly doubt the poster would do correctly or get screws who diameter is wide enough to compensate for the added weight.

sixstringmind

make the chaaaange ba banana bwao bwao. or should i write this all wrong (write this all wrong) ba bada da, bada da do dooooooo.

sixstringmind

wheeeeere immmmmmmmmm going

diadorastriker

and who the hell are you?

Post to Thread