Truss Rod Nut

Updated
RD12
Anyone know where I can get an 8mm Truss rod nut for an ESP? I cant seem to be able to find them anywhere. Most places only sell gibson and fender.
RD12

yeah.. I love how ESP says their parts are universal and can be bought anywhere. Bunch of B.S..

Kannon

It speaks more to how insular and weird the MI industry is than ESP in particular.

RD12

Yeah, its definitely not just esp. I have owned other guitars with 8mm truss nuts. This sucks.

Sustainerplayer

Oh - sorry I misread that. So the thread is bigger than the standard 10-32?

Maybe a plumber or a machinist(?) in your neighbourhood could make one?

Kannon

Oh - sorry I misread that. So the thread is bigger than the standard 10-32?

Maybe a plumber or a machinist(?) in your neighbourhood could make one?

a regular 10-32 5/16th (Gibson-size) truss nut is around 7.9mm or something around that. An 8mm is slightly bigger (and some weird ass vulgar fraction in English measurement).

I can get my 5/16th allen socket wrench over an 8mm nut somehow though.

I should mention that Ibanez does use a 8mm (I think on Prestige guitars) nut sometimes, and you can get one through ibanezrules but I don't know if it's the same threading or what.

Kannon

Those aren't working out for your M-II? I'm intensely curious.

RD12

I haven't gotten them yet.. but they should work just fine since they are 8mm. They are shorter than the stock truss nut, but a couple washers will help compensate for that. I'll let you know when i get em!

This is really the best and only option as of now it seems.

mrclean77

did you check at Lowe's/Home Depot?

RD12

I did a quick run through the nut/bolt section at lowes today while I was shopping for something else but didn't see anything.

Kannon

That sucks.

For reference, if you need a tool to go with that nut, Allparts carries an 8mm box wrench for $5.

Post to Thread