Earvana Compensated Nut

Updated
ridner
Just curious if I would need to make any modifications to a LTD that has a standard nut, if I were to swap it out for an Earvana? I'm thinking not, but am not 100% sure. Thanks!
Harvesterofsorrow1199

aslong as you get the right sized nut it shoudl drop right in, you may want to sand the bottom of the nut a bit if you like your strings a little lower

SpicyPickles

i wouldnt bother with one. they dont seem to help much at all

Sutekh

if you're gonna bother getting a nut upgrade on your LTD, just take it to a nice tech and get a bone nut put in ;)

ridner

yea, I did some research last night on the Earvana and called around to a few places about a "custom" Bone nut. decided to go w/ Bone

Feraledge

If you trust yourself enough to swap a nut, I'd say you should be able to do your own set ups. They're fairly easy to do. The Earvana nut seems like a short cut for just checking your intonation regularly. I'd go with graphite or bone.

Mr Pigwalk

Other guitar player has 2 Earvana loaded gits but plays in Drop C, should we swap em out? Seemed to have some intonation problem while recording, but we never noticed live.

brandono61cr

they DO help but on some guitars (ie highend) the difference is barley noticeable , but still there .like stated earlier for recording there is more of a differance than live playing .

as far as LTD standars nuts , you would be better to go witha bone or Earavna.

i hate the look of the Earvana nut , JMO.

i think that the material in the Earvana is kinda "IFFY" , so i would go for bone once again JMO

andrei

off topic: bone or graphite?

is there any other advantage of graphite over bone, besides that it's "self lubricating"?

on topic: i also think that evarna nuts are not worth the trouble and would stay away from them.

Post to Thread