wiring diagram needs checking over and maybe some input

Updated
sixstringmind
check out this wiring diagram. the blue wires are for the optional boost on the blackout metal. the orange wires are just ground wires. no tone knob the thing to ponder is the different voltages. oh and im not actually going to solder directly onto the batterys and where the reds cross over they are not actually connected thanks
jet66

If the Blackout can take it, it will be easier to just run both pups at 18V. (Or run both at 9V.) I imagine there is a way to rig it so one runs on 9V and one runs on 18V, but I don't think you are going to be doing it with that switch, and there would only be bridge or neck options, not bridge + neck. It also might require three batteries, two for the 18V side, one for the 9V side. That could possibly be overcome with some fancy switch and fancy wiring, but I'd have to really sit and ponder the way to achieve that. Might even be able to run both pups, at one voltage or the other...

I think it might be too complex to pull off simply/neatly and effectively, without compromising something. No matter how you slice it, I think you will be compromising something.

sixstringmind

the blackout metal has two output modes and the switch controls that. the switch isnt for the voltage
and the blackout doesnt sound as clear running at 18v

Post to Thread