Pits in back of neck

Updated
nabeel
My KH2... I just noticed these... when you run your hand down the neck, you can feel little pits, along the grain, not shallow, but noticeable...anything to get checked out? Not sure if they were there previously, but I just felt them today. Weird. There's on towards the low strings, about 2 inches running down, and also towards the high strings, at around the same area, and a little towards the neck. But I'm a little paranoid... had to adjust the truss rod to get rid of some buzzing, managed to mostly, so I haven't taken it to a shop, hoping I didn't mess anything up. I mean, I've adjusted plenty of necks before, for friends too, but this one was a bit of a struggle to get rid of the buzzing on it. I can take some pictures, but I don't think they'd show up.
nabeel

Yeah! Looks like someone dug their nails into it. But it's hard wood (heh heh). But it just seemed to have appeared overnight... no one touches my guitars except me...

dinga

Do you ever wear rings when you play? That could do it. It is cosmetic and the more you play it, it should wear down. I have some necks with dings. It happens. Don't worry about it too much.

You could lightly sand it but I think you don't need to.

nabeel

Nope.. no rings... they just showed up. Oh well... I was just wondering if they could be related to a bad truss setup. I'm going to get it setup this week anyway, probably both of my floyds.

Pushead

Are you leaning your guitar against something that isn't padded?

Post to Thread