Need help!

Updated
moosemeister
Brother just got a new Dean Razorback V 255 (with EMG). The problem we are having is that the guitar isn't putting out any distortion. At all. We checked all of the wiring for the pick ups, and it seems like everything is in place. The bridge pick up is very weak also. It picks up some notes, but mutes and mellows out others. Can anyone help me out?
ozzybob

you checked the battery?

moosemeister

Yes. The battery is new.

All the wiring looks to be in place. Would a bad pot do this?

ozzybob

hmmm. It might be the pickup toggle switch. My old Epiphone had a similar problem.

The bridge pickup was doing basically the same thing yours is doing. I brought it in and the guy replaced the switch and it worked perfectly after that.

moosemeister

Okay, after some other work. We have established that the guitar works straight into the amp. When we plug it in to the pedal it doesn't work.

But here is the catch, when we plug the other Dean or Ibanez in, it works fine. =/

ozzybob

That's really weird. Sorry bro... I have no idea. Do your other guitars have EMG's?

moosemeister

No. That is the only one with EMG's.

ozzybob

Hmm.. maybe it has something to do with the EMG's. Whatever it is, I hope it's an easy fix. Sorry I can't be of much help.

moosemeister

It's fine dude. Youre giving it your all and I truly appreciate it! :)

moosemeister

If anyone else can help I'd really appreciate it.

Bouncepogo

make sure you are pushing the cable right way into the jack of the guitar, you have to make it click into place

riku

what's the pedal?

moosemeister

well it seems like it was a wiring issue. something we had to look at twice. one of them weren't really on. very simple to take care of.

thanks guys!

Justinschut

cool, now post pics! :D

Post to Thread