Mod the pickups to be better?

Updated
Disasterpiece
I've heard and read that if you like did something to a set of pickups, you'd make them sound better than the factory setting or something? For example, my guitar has EMG 81/60s (its the EC1000 VB) is there anything i should or shouldn't do with it to make it sound better? Does anyone know what I'm talking about or :confused:
diadorastriker

^its works well

njrusmc

I think the permanent mod is a better choice. If you ever wanted to only use one battery (which you never would), just shunt the second connection. Besides, having both batteries in the electronics cavity makes things tight. Keep one battery in the battery compartment and wire in the second one in the electronics cavity. Keep a shunted 9V connector (just tie the leads together) handy in case you want to go back to 9V. Keeps things neater.

yearofthespider2k3

You can change the magnets out. I have never done it and probably wont until I can actually afford to fuck up several different pickups. I read about it somewhere online. I had it saved into my favorites but my computer crashed. try searching for some info about it.

Lefty_Xplorer

What are the benefits/differences to 18v over 9v?

Ruins Of Me

What are the benefits/differences to 18v over 9v?

More headroom. Read the EMG 81 manual, should be on their site.

Post to Thread