Changing bridges?

Updated
juicy6891
On my MH-400 I have the ESP licensed floyd. Which I'm guessing since it does not say "Floyd Rose Original." Now my bridge is basically perfect for my standards, I don't whammy the hell out of it so that's not a bother. But by the looks of it, the metal is corroding which looks disgusting and since day one the tuners on the bridge are a pain to tighten or loosen. My question is, If I were to buy an OFR, obviously it would be an upgrade(from what I've heard.) But would the OFR not corrode? The tuners on the bridge wont kill my fingers when I turn the tuning screw? and will it be a breeze to swap em out? This is my first gee-tar with a double-locking trem and I want my first experience with one to be amazing. And if there's already a thread about this, mybad. I don't have much time to search around. :\
jalmetalman

It wont corrode if you look after it and the tuners on the bridge shouldn't or wont kill your fingers when you turn the tuning screws if it's a brand new OFR. I don't know if it will be a breeze to swap out though as I believe the LFR is smaller than the OFR so you may have to make more space where the LFR is so the OFR can fit in (you may have to chisel some of the wood). But don't quote me on this....:p

juicy6891

Thanks, I'll look into it more. On my LFR I have to pull down the string locking screw so I can tune the the string(usually on the low E) without the fine tuners feeling like they wont budge. But surprisingly it holds tune excellent....either that or I'm tone deaf.

5150-Viper

its a direct swap as i did it to my mh400. you can even just use your old stud inserts making it an extremely easy swap.. i think the main reason for corrosion is because your bridge is black nickel.. if you upgrade to a OFR look into all black to avoid this problem.

juicy6891

its a direct swap as i did it to my mh400. you can even just use your old stud inserts making it an extremely easy swap.. i think the main reason for corrosion is because your bridge is black nickel.. if you upgrade to a OFR look into all black to avoid this problem.

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

Post to Thread