emg-hz H1/H2

Updated
splinter_ESP
does anyone know how to tell the difference between an H1 and an H2 without a multimeter? cheers Alex ;)
WildeStarr

Should say the model on the back of the pickup.

splinter_ESP

mhm I know. I want a second hand H2 and a guy on fleaBay has what looks to be one but theres no sticker or model no. on the back, so I wondered if there was any way to tell other than what's on the back.

andrei

forgive me for asking (probably stupid), why you want specificaly the H2, or worry about getting a H1 instead?
i know they're supposed to be close in terms of sound (and specs).

anyway, i still have my h1's (from my ex), if you're interested, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

splinter_ESP

its just I have the H4 model in my Alexi 600 and i notice the newer models have the H2 and having played both the H4 and H2 I kinda prefer it, dont know why, i think the H2 has a bit more grunt. with the quik-connect system I thought if I got a really cheap H2 I could switch between them whenever I please and decide which I prefer.

whadda u think of the H1 dude?

andrei

well, there was that other tread about them not being high output and so on.

i aggree.
they sound fine with cleans and mild distortion.
but for shredding, they can't touch actives (IMO), they just lack the... attack/edge.

that i why i switched to actives.
but different pups for different uses.
if someone finds them suitable for what they need, they realy ain't bad pickups.

drbobgfx

I like the H1's, I've got them in 2 guitars, I sold one to a friend and I have 1 more left. They have a good sound, better than what I had before in both guitars, and the one my friend that bought it from me put it in. (He swapped an H2 for it I think)

MV-CTM

if it doesn't have a model it's the original 'HZ' HZ model which also came in all the old LTDs.

Post to Thread