Ground Wire?

Updated
Metalmilitia306
I am working on a guitar with a fixed bridge and i was wondering where do i connect the Ground wire to? thank you
WildeStarr

Not sure what kind of guitar you have. But on my Les Pauls...

It is a small wire that runs from the treble side bridge (or tailpiece) stud hole to one of the pots. It is usually just attached to the stud by the sheer force of the stud being pounded into the hole and making contact with the wire. Thats all there is to it.

Metalmilitia306

I'm building a custom pgm301 so im not sure if the ground wire still goes to the bridge.

Pharaoh

I'm building a custom pgm301 so im not sure if the ground wire still goes to the bridge.

yes it does...

just as Starr said, there's a hole you gotta drill from under that bridge diagonally to the control cavity. Since you aren't going with a floating system you can't just drill thru the wall and connect to the spring claw.

Be very careful how you make this hole...lol It's not hard...but I've seen people mess up their tops doing it wrong.

No matter the guitar, you always have a bridge ground so that when you are touching the strings, you are that ground. ('Cept for those using EMG's, but some of us still grounded those too...)

You don't solder it to the bridge...it just pokes up from the hole and you expose some of the wire, and screw the bridge down on top of it. That's all the contact it needs.

Metalmilitia306

awesome! thanks for the advice. i should be able to get working on the guitar now.

Pharaoh

awesome! thanks for the advice. i should be able to get working on the guitar now.

no prob man...you should photo it as you go. I've been doing that with an Explorer I'm restoring. It's been fun, and the photo's help ya' for the next time. :)

Post to Thread