floyd rose fear

Updated
floyd rose fear
ok so i really want to add the ltd ouija to my collection but never owned a guitar with a floyd rose before and honestly am scared of them! if i don't really use the whammy will the guitar stay in tune pretty good or is it not worth the hassle?
5150-Viper

^^ exactly what he said, i had an M2 and currently have a jackson DK2M which i blocked and it only dives now. they are very easy to work on as long as you take the right procedures in doing things such as strings changes and setups (for certain tuning). i like the floyds because i prefer the strings closer to the body, a little more comfortable to play for me rather then the raised tune o matic bridge.

Powerslave

thanks a lot guys i appreciate your answers and you have lessened my fears some!

metalhobo

Properly set-up Floyds are more stable than hardtails. That's the nature of locking trems and nuts. The only downside is that restringing and retuning, however rare that may be, take quite a bit longer than with hardtails.

Metlupass2

easy fix.....pull a paul gilbert and remove the floyd then have the body filled and install a fixed bridge....it will look stock!

LordCliffton

Or you could just learn to properly use a Floyd Rose tremolo?

Now you are more diverse as a musician and have rock solid stable tuning as well.

Win-Win!

ozzuk1

Try it if you find you dont need the bridge, you could block it fully or for dive only theres another thread where this is shown not too mention lots of info online...

load more replies (1 of 1)
dinga

Most of my herd are Original Floyd equipped. I find the OFR's once set up properly are bullet proof. Mind you I set up a guitar for one tuning and leave it. I have enough guitars that I can have different tunings so it isn't a big deal for me. Consider it a challenge.

LithelShrimper

if setup properly, even if you don't use the trem that much, the guitar should stay in tune well. My dean does. with my experience, you just have to adjust the bridge until you get it set, and as long as you don't change the gauge of strings, you should be good to go. Floydrose website has some tips on setup for floyds.

60wattmusic

The first esp i got had the floyd and i hated it at first, but now i cant live without one!...... And keep it floating ,you can get the craziest dimebag style harmonics ever and other cool shit you cant do if you "block" the bridge to dive.... dont be scared and i think you will love it! rock on!

RZfreak

The first esp i got had the floyd and i hated it at first, but now i cant live without one!...... And keep it floating ,you can get the craziest dimebag style harmonics ever and other cool shit you cant do if you "block" the bridge to dive.... dont be scared and i think you will love it! rock on!

haha i like what you said. i can't pickup a guitar with a Floyd without doing at least 1 dimebag style squeal.
i wanted a guitar with a floyd for awhile and then saw how much of a pain it was. but then my friends have guitars with floyds and i might actually consider getting a guitar with a floyd...

Post to Thread