My D string saddle

Updated
My D string saddle
On My EC-500, My D string is still flat at the 12th fret and the saddle needs to be closer towards the nut. Here's the thing - the saddle is already as far as it can go. I've tried taking the saddle out and putting it the other way as suggested by some other internet topics but to no alas. Any suggestions? Should I just get brand new hardware (TonePros Bridge) or is there a solution to this problem? Is the hardware on the EC-500's crappy besides the grover tuners? I am taking it to a shop here in Chicago soon but I want to know if this is something I can just do myself. Thanks in advanced!
blitz

Sounds like you need a full setup my friend truss rod adjustment etc.

siskabobs

Thanks for that! I wouldn't really think a truss rod adjustment would make THAT big of a difference...It was like it when I bought it too.

Blitz, do you know how the hardware is/what brand the hardware is on the EC-500? It looks kinda generic to me..

blitz

I need some pics to see

load more replies (1 of 1)
LordCliffton

It should not need a neck adjustment.. UNLESS YOUR NECK IS NOT STRAIGHT, or as straight as you'd like it.

But it most likely will need a proper setup... which, again, does not always mean adjusting your neck. Unless you live in a very humid climate or at least in a controlled environment, your neck should remain as straight as you set it.

But a setup is advised for new/cheaper guitars, which the EC-500 definitely is. They only 'ballpark' it at the factory,,, the rest is up to you to make it YOUR setup preference, as everyone's is different-they ballpark it to close enough.

See your other thread for my answer to your question(s). It should be pretty all inclusive & informative.

peace

Post to Thread