About 48th Street, NYC

Updated
shred4life
Hi, people. I am not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'll give it a shot. I recently bought a custom Horizon. It is an old one but very clean / not abused and it is definitely the real deal. There is a A5 sized warranty card inside the hardcase with the model name (incorrectly written as "Mirage DX") and serial number (59XXX). Back of the card says "The Esp Guitar Co., 170 W. 48 ST. 3rd Flr. New York, 10036". I just want to learn when the guitar is made. The guy who sold the guitar to me said it is from 1995 or 1996 and it is one of Page Hamilton's gig guitars (which I believe it is true). But I've seen another custom Horizon model in this forum which has a serial number like 60XXX and poster says it is made in late 80's or early 90's.. Back to my question: Based on the 59XXX serial, can anyone tell me when it was made? Thanx in advance.
vitod

Toikey!

shred4life

Thanks jet66. I just wanna learn how old is it but I guess it is not an easy job.

Maybe I should email ESP Support w/pics and see if they can help.

sean106OCD

I miss that store. They always had the best selection of all the latest ESP and LTD models. I got my first Grynch when it came out. Nice guys in there too at the time. Wonder why the store itself closed.

nabeel

I miss that store. They always had the best selection of all the latest ESP and LTD models. I got my first Grynch when it came out. Nice guys in there too at the time. Wonder why the store itself closed.

I went by there a few weeks ago and was surprised myself that it was closed

Shinji

Certainly because the store was owned straight by ESP... with ESP people inside despite what Mr Super MOD (who doesn't know a clue about what he is talking about) says about 48th this all the time... |I

Your guitar was built in Japan.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metlupass2

I would say late 80's early 90's at latest because of the style truss rod cover and the inlays and serial number on the top of the neckplate. I just got an early 90's MII with the serial number in the same spot.

Dark Alone

Shinji, are you calling out the Mod?

Dark Alone

Better watch out Mod... you never know what he might have hidden inside your custom!

xchumfiestax

Better watch out Mod... you never know what he might have hidden inside your custom!

There may be a shitty monket lurking inside the control cavity

Dark Alone

Silly monket!!

ESP

– Signed "Angry in Alaska"

BernieMango

– Signed "Angry in Alaska"
That's classic!

ESP

I've never tried banning from a smartphone, that would be the ultimate power trip! First a little action figure time, them "owning" via phone! Chest-thumping power tripiiiiiin'!!!!!!..........

BernieMango

I've never tried banning from a smartphone, that would be the ultimate power trip! First a little action figure time, them "owning" via phone! Chest-thumping power tripiiiiiin'!!!!!!..........
No--the ultimate would be with voice recognition via smartphone.

ESP

Ima look into that! Pronounced "bər nē 'ma NG gō" correct?

BernieMango

Ima look into that! Pronounced "bər nē 'ma NG gō" correct?
Correct

ESP

Excellent.

Now in the meantime, since this engaging banter isn't really relevant to this particular section, why don't you take that charm over to the General Discussion area. I do LOTS of chest thumping and power trippin' over there, you'd love it!

Flying_V_Salem

Hi -does anyone man this profile still? -thank you! -Creegs

BernieMango

I might have to check it out--THANKS!

Greg T.

Hey BernieMango... why didnt you ever send me the Lynch Purple Tiger I paypal'd you $1750 for?? Does it feel good to steal from someone??  Congratulate me on our new baby, make friendly conversation..then diappear with my money.  You piece of shit!!  

ESP

Reading this thread is what I would recommend first. It is a written account of all of my chest-thumping and power trippin'. Judging from your first post, this would be chalk-full of material for you to further enhance your critiquing skills. It's a potential gold mine!

Back on topic...

Dan C.

1992 48th Street Custom/ESP:

Flying_V_Salem

Hayy mang-whos art is that? Tx

Dan C.

"J. Gathier". Although I've never met him/her, I'd like to thank them.

Helenn m.

I very like it, thank for sharing with us! 

Post to Thread