A loose jack nut.

Updated
Anders S.
Hey guys. My Jack nut on my Eclipse is loose. I'm always tightening it with my hands ( as it have only been a little annoying so far), but i'm starting to get a little worried about it, and it's starting to get a little more annoying than usual. So, what's the right thing to do? I've never done any damage to the area around the nut, and i've really been careful with the guitar (I've always unplugged it if it was in its stand etc. etc. etc.) I hope you can understand my problem //Trixxr, a confused dane :)
Sixstringhotshot

Unscrew the plate holding the jack to the guitar. Then, holding the back end of the jack with one hand, tighten the screw with a crescent wrench or appropriately sized socket wrench.

DeathIsMyJustice

That is probably the most common "fault" to happen with a guitar. Take the jack plate off and take the jack socket off, put some Tread Lock on the tread. Tighten the socket back up with a spanner and put the whole thing back on.

You sould be able to get some Tread Lock from any DIY store

Loupeitak92

My Jack nut is loose.
I'm always tightening it with my hands

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But yeah on a serious topic all you have to do is get the plate off and properly screw it with the appropriate tool.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread