Set neck / Thru body neck

Updated
BoD
What is the difference between a set neck and the thru body neck?
FALLINGLEGACY

I think you mean Set-neck and Neck-through body..

Butch

That blue Horizon is like butter Pus! Same reaction every time!

To the topic though, was it gfunk who had some pics showing the difference between the set thru and the set neck?

bloodstyle

wrong..

Set-thru is particulary used by ESP and LTD.

It is a combined technology of Set-Neck and Neck-thru

Set-Thru Is like a set neck, meaning it is glued to the body. But compared to set-neck, Set-Thru Is glued MUCH MUCH deeper INTO the body.

Neck-thru meaning the neck is actually part of the body.

LOL

wrong..

It is a combined technology of Set-Neck and Neck-thru

Set-Thru Is like a set neck, meaning it is glued to the body. But compared to set-neck, Set-Thru Is glued MUCH MUCH deeper INTO the body.

Neck-thru meaning the neck is actually part of the body.

Neck-thru, the body wings are glued onto the neck wood. Unless you've got a 1 piece body and neck, there's only a few guitars I've seen where it's all carved out of the same piece.

load more replies (2 of 2)
gab4554

I think shecter uses set-thru too but they call it set neck with ultra access correct me if im wrong

Vincent  C.

I have an original Eclipse from about 10 years ago that I want to shave down and thin out the bottom of the neck to provide easier upper friend access.

I don't plan on taking too much off plus I don't think it would hurt the structural integrity of the guitar.  

I just need to thin it out because I have small hands and short fingers.

I'm not sure if it's a set neck or a set through neck. 

Pushead

Your Eclipse is a set neck.  The wood of the neck goes about 1/3 of the way into the neck pickup cavity.

This is a gibson, but the construction method is the same.  There's wood available to do what you're thinking about, but there's also a chance that without understanding how it's constructed that you'll damage the neck joint.  I don't think it's as simple as just going at it with a palm sander.  As I recommeneded in resoponse to your other post, sell the guitar, get the value out of it, and buy something that better fits your needs.

Vincent  C.

Thank you for the picture....it's very helpful

I was thinking of using a Dremel which is real small with a small sanding bit.

Post to Thread