Fret-Buzz on low C-string

Updated
Dryope
hi guys, hope someone can help me out. i recently noticed an excaeesive ammount of fretbuzz on my low C-string when played open (10-52- set of boomers on horizon ntII). i haven´t changd my setup and new set of strings didn´t resolve the problem. is should mention that my strings are fairly low.....so what has happened? my guitar was not object to sudden changes in temperature or humidity and i didn´t play a lot (just 4 hour a week or so) so i think that worn out fret are out of the question. my guess would be: raise the actiona bit and it shlud bie fine...but (sorry for sounding like a noob) how do i do it? do i simply trun teh screws on my tom brigde on the bass side? and of yes: which screw (the one on top of the TOM or teh one reaching onto the body= and in whcih direction? and last but not least: do i have to detune my guiatr for this so that the neck is not under full tension? thanks in advance
tee5150ii

Check neck bow/relief associated with the truss rod. Fret the low C-string at the 1st fret and at whatever fret the fretboard wood reaches the body wood...probably somewhere around the 18th. Then hold it level to your eyes and look around the 7th-9th fret area to see how the string is in relation to those frets. If it's resting on them then you'd be best raising the TOM a bit, or sight down the neck to see if it needs adjustment, in which case you'll need to take it to a tech if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. You can raise the TOM section by counter-clockwise turning the post screw (what the TOM piece is sitting on). I'd raise the other side as well but that depends on how level, or not level, they already are.

Try the above out to see what you get and update us with any more issues. Hope that helps.

Dryope

ok ...i tried rasing the TOM a bit but there was just a slight improvement....could it be that the nut has got "worn out" .....i guess the buzz comes from the string touchuin the 1st fret. could it be that the nut has got "worn out" or has been sanded down while playing? when i got my axe set of for drop-c in may 2007 i remember the tech filing down the slots....

Post to Thread