Edwards LPC, with Duncans problem.

Updated
_blackened_
So I just got this beautiful LPC from Edwards. It's fucking ace, except the pickups. I'm used to EMG's (I have three EMG equipped guitars). So this one buzzes when not playing, so I thought it might be a grounding problem, but tried my old passive guitar (which I havent touched in 4 years), and it buzzes the same. Some guys said it's most likely no fault with the guitar, only that it's the passives. The guitar came with gold pickup covers, but they're removed. ( I still got them though) cause the guy I bought it from said that there was a huge feedback with them on. Now it's those zebra duncans, they're ugly. I want to get black pickup covers, and if I get those installed correctly, shouldn't the buzz kinda go away at least some? I mean since the gold covers did have something to do with the noise.
tee5150ii

My advice would be line the pickup cavities with some copper shielding tape in conjunction with the new covers. Besides that, maybe try and line the control cavity with the tape as well, but if there's already the black conductive paint in there I'd imagine the tape wouldn't do much more, but it probably couldn't hurt. That's my guess at least, good luck.

daddydoomsday

I would just get different pickups.
just get some EMGs, it seems that you like them.
If both of your passive guitars are buzzing the same, it just might be interference from lights, a tv, computer, some shit like that.

Fikealox

Move around the room with your guitar, try facing different directions, etc. If the buzz doesn't change, it's not interference and extra shielding wont help. It's entirely possible it's a soldering problem, as passives are more sensitive to that sort of thing than actives.

N3rdAl3rt

just get EMGzors!

and post pics of the fiddle :p

Blazer

and post pics of the fiddle :p

+1

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

Such problems are usually just the result of bad wiring and bad shielding. EMGs need a bit less shielding and coming prewired usually means there's less problems there.
It's not really the problem of the Duncans.

_blackened_

Any idea btw? To get rid of the Zebra look without it squeeling?

KH Guitar Freak

Wax pot the pups...

Post to Thread