floyd help please

Updated
ESPANDY16
Well i just purchased my first floyded guitar (an alexi-200) and after playing the heck out of it i broke a string :( iv never really changed them before so i was wondering if you guitar wizards out there could give me some tips also i herd that you cant use slinky strings with a floyd is that true? and if so what strings would you suggest for them
DeathIsMyJustice

Some people say that EB slinkys dont stay in tune or something like that but Iv never really tried them. I use Rotosound strings with my BC Rich which has a trem.

What I will say though is the bigger the gauge the more stable your trem will be (it will stay in tune better)

Fikealox

Ernie Balls strings are great. The only reason I could think someone would advise against slinkies is like Death says: if they're referring to very light gauges (ie. extra slinky), they're probably not ideal for use with a floating trem. Regular slinkies and above work just fine with floyds, though.

ESPANDY16

yeah i have the extra slinkys so ill have to try out the ones death recomend
thanks guys

Nikopapp

Even the extra slinkys will work fine, just take out a spring on the tremolo black so there is less tension.

LordCliffton

I knew a guy that used a floyd & 8s... he stayed in tune just fine.

But, he was a punk & would screw a piece of flat brass stock underneath the springs so that just in case he broke a string his bridge would hardtail itself. Fucking weak, right?

That means he could go all spaghetti strings with it but not do insane uber highs with it. :x And IMO, that my friends = teh ghey.

ESPANDY16

ohhh thanks ill have to try taking out a spring
when i switch them then

Post to Thread