problems with sperzel tuners, Eclipse II?

Updated
jlmmrock
Hey guys, I have an Eclipse VTB with the Sperzel locking tuners, they have worked well until I got a couple of bad guitar setups that somehow have made them lose tuning stability and even loose string tension. I tune my guitar to Eb. I was wondering how much damage the tuners have gotten...to start, the "techs" made the guitar have some winds around it when they dont really need it (theyre sperzels duh!) and when time to take the strings off, I wonder if doing that have fucked the tuners or the headstock. If anyone knows, let me know if the problem is serious, and what the solutions are.0]
gorsch

" they have worked well until I got a couple of bad guitar setups that somehow have made them lose tuning stability and even loose string tension."

you said it right there. But it's nothing a good setup cant fix, unless it's really screwed. A bad setup can cause the guitar to not stay in tune and even loose string tension. It will change how "tight" the sound is from the guitar through the amp even. I find that a lot of places use too much releaf with the truss rod. it may play alright but I found if the neck has too much releaf it becomes a "spongy" feel and in turn gives a "spongier" tone. Also keep in mind that too straight a neck causes dead notes. Get a good setup and the problem should be gone. Oh, and tell them 1 wrap only.

kgry

the "techs" made the guitar have some winds around it when they dont really need it (theyre sperzels duh!)

Who was the tech, Boogie?

Post to Thread