floyd lift up?

Updated
ESPANDY16
iv been watching alot of players and iv seen that alot of them lift the guitar up by the tremolo and i was wondering how safe this is for your guitar. Lets say with a floyd how likely is it that itlls snap off and leave me in a puddle of tears? has anyone ever broken there guitar doin this? (and this question probaly makes me look really dumb so flame away)
MyApocalypse

iv been watching alot of players and iv seen that alot of them lift the guitar up by the tremolo and i was wondering how safe this is for your guitar. Lets say with a floyd how likely is it that itlls snap off and leave me in a puddle of tears?

has anyone ever broken there guitar doin this?

(and this question probaly makes me look really dumb so flame away)

I was worried about doing this too. I do it all the time with my alexi-600. as long as you don't abuse it too much, it should be perfectly fine. just remember not to do it too fast, that's when things start breaking- i would imagine. I also dont recommend you do the HERMAN RI whammy bar thing..:p

Robotsatemygrandma

I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest. If you do it for like 5 minutes non stop then something will give.

ESPANDY16

I was worried about doing this too. I do it all the time with my alexi-600. as long as you don't abuse it too much, it should be perfectly fine. just remember not to do it too fast, that's when things start breaking- i would imagine. I also dont recommend you do the HERMAN RI whammy bar thing..:p

thanks apocalypse that was perfect same guitar i wanted to try it out on
and yeah lol wouldnt try that

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPANDY16

thanks everyone for your advice

RejecterSR

i do it all the time on my MII uc, crazy shit
if you have a good guitar that is set up right nothing bad will happen
if your using a good floyd set up exactly right for what you're doing your str8

ampartic

No problem especially w/ an origional FR since they are made of hardened steel.

LordCliffton

No problem especially w/ an origional FR since they are made of hardened steel.

this is the only answer that matters since it is dealing with the OFR. ;)

the others there may be trouble with.:mad:

your guitar itself should be fine no matter what happens. its made of wood. ;)

however, if you don't use a strap and try that trick & it falls to the ground & breaks off a horn or the neck or something.. then you're fucking dumb. :D

sirsloop

just get a titanium bar made then you can dive bomb dime squealy through a lava pit and it would be fine....

Heh heh... actually... I would imagine doing that on a super light V would be better than trying that on a freakin 20lbs les paul or something.

VortexMirage

try it on one of the Ibanez rip off Floyd Rose copies i dare you
i've had em and had nothing but trouble with em, been playing live and had parts fly off.
badddddd omen.

uberwigget

How will those licensed floyds that are on the ltd's hold up?

Post to Thread