String-Thru-Body and Stop Tailpiece ?

Updated
gab4554
Is there any diffrence between both of them?? Like a tone diffrence or something??
MikeAmottV2006

String though body seems to have a meatier tone to my ears. It has something to do with the overall length of the string.

Nostradamus

Yes, I think some people try and get around this with the stop tailpiece by wrapping the strings over and threading them through the other side ala Zack Wylde to icrease the length. It is supposed to make bends easier as well...

Bouncepogo

I wouldn't base your guitar buying choices on it, that kind of this is very much 'an opinion'. Go with what you fancy.

xcc

String thru will give you more sustain, at least when comparing two guitars (one with stop tailpiece and one with string thru) that is equally build.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ZULND3R

personally i just dont like having that extra piece of metal on my guitar.... i like the sustain too... string-thru-body is the way to go IMO

DeathrollJM

even though there will be some tonal variations between the two, the difference is trivial, its more up to personal preference in the look.

Bridge The Void

I've yet to own a proper string thru that isn't a squier (my Avril doesn't resonate much at all :lol) but I'm liking the resonance from my stoptails. PRS wraparounds have my favourite unplugged sound so far out of everything I've tried.

gorsch

The only cool thing about wrapping the string over the stop piece is that you instantly grow a long beard, suddenly have the ability to down "Snakebites" (oh god they're soo good) and those mini Hinnycan kegs, write a whole song in pinch harmonics and do that cool sound Zakk does in the beginning of SuperTerrorizer. On a serious note, I did try it one. Lasted 5 mins and switched back. Just go by feel.

sirsloop

I think the wood has more to do with sustain than anything... like old school les pauls that weigh 15lbs. Those things sustain FOREVER...

Post to Thread