what strings to use???

Updated
___KC___
Ok, when I got my mh-250nt yesterday, this was going to be the first 25.5 scale guitar that I've had. so when I got the guitar, I instantly changed the strings. the strings I use for basically all of my guitars are ernie ball skinny top, heavy bottom: 52,42,30,17,13,10. but I use them on 24.75 scale guitars, which means that the string tension was greater on my mh-250nt. now it doesn't feel right. I think I may need to change string gauge for this guitar. I really like the string tension on my ec-100qm, and all of my other guitars, so whats the equivalent of the strings listed above, but on a 25.5 scale guitar?
asbloodrunsblack

what tuning ? standard/drop D ? i'd go for 9/46's , on a 25.5 . i guess you should just try out some gauges and see what you like though , its about preferance really . congrats on the guitar

___KC___

what tuning ? standard/drop D ? i'd go for 9/46's , on a 25.5 . i guess you should just try out some gauges and see what you like though , its about preferance really . congrats on the guitar

I use standard/drop d, so I guess 46-9 sounds reasonable. thanks

Butch

i'd say try 10-46, the stock gauge.

ZephMan

I like 10-46, I use em all the way from E to C standard

___KC___

I like 10-46, I use em all the way from E to C standard

just changed them to 46-10s, and they sound great! thanks!

Dilzdo21

10-46 for drop c and c standard! you guys are on crack , you strings will be flapping in the wind unless you str8in the neck a shit load.

on my 24 scale i use 52-12 ghs and there even a tiny bit loose , and thats for drop c

i know guys who use 10-52 for standard tunings

LOL at 10-46

DyersEve87

10-46 for drop c and c standard! you guys are on crack , you strings will be flapping in the wind unless you str8in the neck a shit load.

on my 24 scale i use 52-12 ghs and there even a tiny bit loose , and thats for drop c

i know guys who use 10-52 for standard tunings

LOL at 10-46

That wasn't directed at me was it, i was just throwing out there what i use, i play in E all the time, and sometimes dropped D. C to me is ridiculous, you cant get a satisfying crunch out of that( As James learned on St. Anger), too muddy, especially with 12-52's on there.

Dilzdo21

you cant get crunch with drop C

dude r u serious?

thats all i get, especially with those stings, ask anyone on the board

57Octane

I'm in D Standard on 9's. I still get crunch. :p

DyersEve87

you cant get crunch with drop C

dude r u serious?

thats all i get, especially with those stings, ask anyone on the board

too loose for me, strictly an opinion, im not trying to speak for everyone, it worked for kerry and jeff on ghua, just not for me

Post to Thread