Fret Buzz!!

Updated
pj85
Hi all, Just got a LTD-EC1000 deluxVB - fantastic guitar, great looks great sound! One slight problem - major fret buzz! Shop guys sorted it out better than what it was but its still there a little on all frets but worse on the low e. I've read up a bit and it buzzes at the first fret and the 2nd and then all the way up the board. Any easy way to fix this? Thanks
njrusmc

Try raising the action first. Raise the bridge a little bit, like 1/8 of a turn on each screw and see if that helps. Do this slowly and allow the tension in the neck to readjust before making grandiose adjustments.

If that does not work, a tiny bit of relief on your neck (via truss rod) might help. Again, very small adjustments very slowly!

pj85

they had already tried this in the shop I think, but saying that it was only yesterday so I might let the neck rest for a day or two and see how it goes.

I was also think if need be maybe getting a Plek setup - heard some good reviews etc and can get it at a good price including a full manual setup

load more replies (1 of 1)
bloodstyle

well... i've changed the strings of my guitar yesterday... I've said inside " I don't want that FUC$%?& buzz noise anymore.... so i looked at the truss rod... no prob... then i've notice... maybe my bridge is too low... AND IT WAS!!! no more fret buzz now... before i feared to put the bridge too high but I've noticed "hey.... if they made it adjustable.... why wouldn't you adjust it?". So now my guitar is perfect :P

try adjusting the bridge too.

Post to Thread