ESP Guitar....w/THINNEST NECK?

Updated
RippinFace
Hello. I play a KH-602 but the neck is still kinda big for my hands, when soloing..rhythm its good. So, I'm planning to buy another ESP guitar and this time...I want the model with the THINNEST neck out there!? Do I go custom made or what? again, i need something much more thinner than my KH-602. So which model is it?? thanks alot!
Butch

well if you can afford it and you know exactly what you want then a custom maybe for you.

have you tried the M series as well?

RippinFace

well if you can afford it and you know exactly what you want then a custom maybe for you.

have you tried the M series as well?

pretty sure the bolt-on KH-2 has the thinnest profile

id have to say the KH-2

Thanks dudes! No, I haven't tried out the M-Series (M-II) and the KH-2 models yet...now I WILL! I wasn't a fan of "bolt-ons" but heck, I'm checking those guitars out now...so long I can solo with ease.

-Soundwise though....which model delivers?....the M-II or the KH-2? My style of music is "Metal/Rock." thanks again.

load more replies (1 of 1)
MV-CTM

pretty sure the bolt-on KH-2 has the thinnest profile

OutlawTorn

id have to say the KH-2

Graham Nicholson

Lynch Super V has 'Extra Thin Flat' profile. That should be aggrivatingly thin.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Greatdeceiver

my kh-202 has the thinnest neck i have ever played.

Butch

on an esp u mean.

ZephMan

get....ibanez. now.

Mark K.

^+1

BrazilianBootyLover

KH 2 vintage has the thinnest esp neck I've played.

TheDevilHimself

The Hanneman is a little bit thinner than the KH-2 I believe. It's about 19mm and the KH-2 is a bit thicker.

That said, I want to add to thoughts to this thread:

1. I'm not sure the LTD have the same neck dimensions as the ESP models. I would guess the LTD may have a different neck profile. Why? Because I my LTD GL does not have the typical George Lynch 45mm nut.

2. In any case, I think the orginal poster needs a neck that is more narrow as opposed to thinner, as he should not really have problems with the KH-2 neck unless he is 10-year old boy with midget digits.

phil

The thinnest neck that ESP do is the Extra Thin Flat. (well, atleast up to 2005)

Thickness at the 1st fret - 19.0mm
Thickness at the 12th fret - 21.00mm

This neck is on the KH-2 relic, where as the 'Thin Flat' is on the KH-2 bolt-on, M-II etc.

KH Guitar Freak

The thinnest neck that ESP do is the Extra Thin Flat. (well, atleast up to 2005)

Thickness at the 1st fret - 19.0mm
Thickness at the 12th fret - 21.00mm

This neck is on the KH-2 relic, where as the 'Thin Flat' is on the KH-2 bolt-on, M-II etc.

Nah, the Vintage had and still has the Extra Thin U profile , the KH2 bolt has the Extra Thin Flat...

phil

I was going off ESP's official word in 2005 here.

However according to the 2006 measurement',s they changed them to what you said KH,

KH2 bolt-on - 18.4mm at 1st fret. - Extra Thin Flat
- 21.2mm at 12th fret.

KH2 Vintage - 19mm at 1st fret - Extra Thin U
- 21mm at 12th fret

A ridiculously small margin between them.

Fordman65

Hello. I play a KH-602 but the neck is still kinda big for my hands, when soloing..rhythm its good. So, I'm planning to buy another ESP guitar and this time...I want the model with the THINNEST neck out there!? Do I go custom made or what? again, i need something much more thinner than my KH-602. So which model is it?? thanks alot!

The 602 has a big neck for you? You must be a midget or something, try playing a LPC with a 50's neck and tell me the 602 is big...

:p

Butch

i wonder if he means like the width of the fingerboard and not the actual neck?
?

RippinFace

i wonder if he means like the width of the fingerboard and not the actual neck?
?

- The KH602 has a U neck contour...the KH202 or the M-II has that thin "flat" contour..so that's what I meant and the difference I need. I'm sure one of those two will be my new axe pretty soon.

Post to Thread