seymour duncan for ltd mh100qmnt

Updated
softguitar
the first, i dont speak english ,all you speak spanish? question: the very well combination of seymour duncan humbuckers for ltd mh100 qmnt for blues,classic rock,country,pop, etc, bad no for heavy, no for metal? 1) '59nek and '59 bridge 2) '59neck and custom 5 bridge 3) '59bridge and jazz neck 4) custom5 bridge and jazz neck 5) '59 neck and jb bridge etc please, help me thank you, best regards for all softguitar from spain
Bridge The Void

Option 5) is very versatile IMO, JB in bridge and '59 in neck.

njrusmc

+1 to that. It seems to be the most common and best sounding configuration generally accepted. I have a JB in the bridge of my H207 (a duncan designed cheapie in the neck, though) and I can vouch for its awesome-ness. A few of my friends own Schecter's with 59's in the neck, still sounds great.

softguitar

thank you for your's recomendations

softguitar

gracias Boinz,
yo tengo la idea de colocar una custom 5 o una jazz, en el puente, no sé cual exactamente, ya que parecen menos indicadas para metal, heavy
veremos si otros envian sus opiniones o su experiencia
gracias

softguitar+ltd (spain)

wilas101

I had the same thought about replacing the pickups in a viper-50 with a jb/'59 setup.

Would it be a night and day difference in tone or am I pissing in the wind?

Routis

Well, after all it's agathis with passive pups, so the difference wouldn't be that huge. Of course they are better than the stock pickups, but is it worth the money, hard to say.

sp1ke

wilas101 and routis,

the difference is huge. it'll sound like an entirely different guitar.

wilas101

well, its on my list of things to do but I'd much rather buy a new guitar first. :)

Routis

well, its on my list of things to do but I'd much rather buy a new guitar first. :)
My point exactly. Sell your viper and don't buy 59/JB-set(which is great, tho) and tada, you have the money for a new guitar with way-better specs and tone. ;)

njrusmc

I would definitely agree. I sold an MH100 and for a few hundred dollars more, bought an MH400NT and it was so worth it, as compared to just upgrading the pickups in the 100. Don't forget about the other things you get: grover tuners, earvana nut, mahogany body, set-thru construction .... its worth the wait!

wilas101

I wasn't figuring on selling the viper. I just thought I'd keep it for alternate tunings or for the kids to play on.

Post to Thread