please help if you know about wiring!!

Updated
kingkobra813
well let me tell you what i have first and then ill explain where i want to go. first right now i have emg 81, 1 vol, 1 tone, and pa-2. i just routed out a hole so i can put in a neck pickup. what i would like to do is have a mini toggle on/off/on swtich. for my pickup selector. have an 85 in neck 81 in bridge mini toggle on/off/on, pa-2 and the pi-2 and just one vol knob. if any one has any ideas please help me out the only real trouble i have ran into is wiring up the mini toggle switch. thanks, k.k.
kingkobra813

well i have all that stuff figured out just not how to wire in the on/off/on mini toggle switch.

Bridge The Void

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to wire a mini-toggle in that way as a pickup selector. Surely a standard toggle switch would work? Or are you going for a middle position killswitch type thing?

In which case I have no idea, as I've never encountered that except by complete accident.

kingkobra813

yeah i was going to do a killswitch in the middle and i like the look of them alot more then a normal toggle switch.

i have been looking for a way to wire it for a while since my guitar tech at my local shop was fired after 15 years of loyal service.

he does have a new store but its a few hour drive away. so im looking here before i make the drive and have him tell me it cant be done.

Bridge The Void

I'm not sure if it can be done, i'm leaning towards a "no" but if I say that someone's bound to prove me wrong and show that it can be done.

I think the best alternative is either wiring up a second killswitch or using dual volume controls - I usually find I have as much control as I need using the latter.

kingkobra813

yeah i think your right i dont think it can be done.

Post to Thread