Pickup humming...advice needed!!!!

Updated
Pickup humming...advice needed!!!!
Well...I have a odd problem! Two of my guitars make this horrible electic humming noise. One of them have passives the other one EMGzzz with 18V. The passive ones make this sound when its plugged in and is not touched upon. The active one only makes the sound from the EMG in the bridge, and when I touch the pickup. I`ve had thiem both in for a fix too, and there where no problem with `em what so ever. But when I play here at home...the humming is all over the place...:confused: BUT...when I touch the jackplug while I`m playing, the humming stops/dissappears! Like I ground the it all.... So my question is this: Whats the problem here? Is there any material(tape for instance..)that I can wrap around the jackplug to "ground" it?
Microdomus

Thanx for the info....

But here is part 2 if you will....when I play through my AKG wireless system that is connected to the amp, the humming is gone. And when I play through my VG-88 effectboard, and connect my headset to the VG...I get a perfect signal. BUT...when I connect the VG to the mixer, the humming starts full on! The same thing happens if I connect the guitar directly into the mixer....:confused:

Ant thoughts?

Btw, all my other EMGed guitars sound perfect except this one...

Microdomus

Thats fine...thanx anyways!;)

Joe_Bradburry

maybe its your mixer?

TheDevilHimself

But when I play here at home...the humming is all over the place...

Can you compare it to a different house or maybe with a friend's guitar? That would clear if it's just your house or a problem with the guitars.

espdood

Does this happen with your other guitars? If not, this one sounds like it has a grounding problem. Check your ground wires.

Microdomus

Its only these two guitars. The other ones work great. But the guitars worked just fine in the shop through the amps there....

I guess the question is this now...what other things than a human being grounds stuff? You know...instead of having a slave standing on standby to hold the jackplug whenever I`m to record/play something, is there a material that grounds? some sort of tape or similar? Anyone knows? :confused:

Joe_Bradburry

its a whire inside your gutar. it probibly is shorted out.

Post to Thread