Fingerboard maintenance - lemon oil - carnauba wax

Updated
MasterOfPuppies
hi i am searching info to take care on the fingerboard of my guitar i read must be used carnauba wax for rosewood fingerboards and a lemon oil product for ebony fingerboards. do you know more? thanx
Jan S.

I thought lemon oil was acceptable for both ebony and rosewood, just not suitable for maple boards...

Mark K.

I thought lemon oil was acceptable for both ebony and rosewood, just not suitable for maple boards...

^+1

load more replies (1 of 1)
Sidivan

a couple drops of lemon oil on an ebony board is exactly what it needs. I read somewhere that it should be a non-silicon product though. I use a bottle I picked up at my local Wal-mart for like, $4.

Also, if you've got the strings off and you're about to oil it up, might as well give it a good cleaning beforehand with some Dunlop or Gibson cleaner. Use your fingernail and a cloth to clean out around the frets - Not a knife or anything - you don't want to loosen the frets. Get's all the grime out and prevents rust on your frets. That ebony will shine like glass afterwards ;)

SDMFPantera

i use Dunlop 01 and 02 guitar cleaner and fretboard conditioner, ill have to try the lemon oil for ebony since i recently aquired my first ebony boarded guitar.

1point8t

Mmmm...Horizon ebony

SDMFPantera

ahh! you keep pooping up about the Horizon!! its crazy!!, its good though im glad yer concernced about er

load more replies (1 of 1)
MasterOfPuppies

mm. ok somewhere i read it was meant to be used for rosewood fretboard...

KH Guitar Freak

I wax my guitar with mine, but I never use it for fretboards, maybe finished maple fretboard would be fine...

espdood

What would you use for maple boards?

Bouncepogo

What would you use for maple boards?

maple doesn't require conditioning as it is sealed. Just give it a clean now and again to remove grime

load more replies (2 of 2)
Butch

i hear the lemon oils does wonders for your wood.

Post to Thread