Pick Dust

Updated
bloodstyle
yeah well i was playin on my guitar... then i noticed that the pick was actually makin dust on pi pups and in the middle of my guitar... so i was annoyed by it and cleaned it... but again it still making dust and it's really disturbing... does anyone have a tips so that the pick doesnt make dust?
Dark Alone

Finger pick.

bloodstyle

XD right. but it does not give the same tone :P

load more replies (1 of 1)
Bridge The Void

What picks do you use? Chalk ones?

If you don't keep your guitars in cases when they're not being played, it might just be normal dust. On the pickups and under the strings tends to gather the most, since its a hard to reach area to clean when strings are on. This is always an annoyance to me...my black guitars get very dusty very quickly and my on white guitar dirt shows up really easily...

Dark Alone

I don't have a problem with pick dust. Just clean your guitars. The way I play, with lots of speed picking and galloping, I scrape the fuck out of my picks. Just gotta keep your gear maintained.

bloodstyle

ok well. thanks guys ^^

Bridge The Void

Oiling the fretboard too much can leave a filmy residue on the fretboard which makes it look a bit duller...

I only oil the board on a new purchase or if I think the board is looking a bit dry or light in colour. I think over the past couple of years, I've only oiled the fretboard once or twice on all my guitars.

Choppychunks

That is why Kirk wears tape on his hand. He actually has the tape turned sticky-side out to catch the pick dust before it hits the pick-ups. This has been his secret for years and is really quite innovative....:hat

idpmofo

That is why Kirk wears tape on his hand. He actually has the tape turned sticky-side out to catch the pick dust before it hits the pick-ups. This has been his secret for years and is really quite innovative....:hat

:lol:lol

JoeBender

LOL, that's awesome.

But yeah, maybe just get some new picks? I use green Dunlop tortexes and I've never had a problem with those flaking off... really doesn't sound like a big deal though, I would just wipe it off when changing strings.

To the guy who suggested using a brush... just curious, do you actually keep a cleaning brush on hand when you play guitar so that it won't get dusty? :|

load more replies (1 of 1)
TaoZen

Part of what you may think of as pick dust is likely skin cells...

Stephy

Part of what you may think of as pick dust is likely skin cells...

dude! thats would be an assload of skin cells. You can't see epithelial cell when they slough off. I mean... you can see dead skin, but not the cells.
Unless they are a very large group of them... hmm... I dunno. Sounds strange.

I do not have this dust problem you speak of.

Miguel

Try dunlop ultex picks. They are great and I'm sure they will eliminate ur problem.

Sidivan

Pick dust happens.

In about my 3rd year in playing my buddy comes to me and says, "I finally figured it out. The dust on my pickups is pick dust. It shreds off from these Fender California Clears when I play metal."

Switch to Dunlop Tortex.

JonCurcio

It isn't skin cells. I use red Dunlop gels and the dust is pink. I look at the picks and they're chewed up.

Benjamin T.

Dust really made my skin very dry. I was on the vacation to Rajasthan last week. It was a beautiful place but also it made my skin dry and rough. Now I checked the clean 15 list and trying to applying it. Someone told me it will help to improve my skin and make it glowing. If anyone can tell me the best treatment for this the please let me know. I will be very glad.

Adoro S.

Treat yourself to luxury and comfort with these timeless leather shoes for men. Handcrafted from the finest-quality materials, each shoe is designed to be durable and stylish. Perfect for everyday use, these shoes will add a touch of sophistication to your wardrobe, elevating your look in any situation. Step out in style and enjoy the combination of comfort and longevity that comes with these timeless leather shoes.

Jazmin c.

Jazmin provides a large number of party wear dress for girls and women in Pakistan at low prices. Our latest collection is designed to make you feel confident and stylish. Grab your favorite dresses online at Jazmin.

Meerak O.

Introducing the latest fashion trend in women's clothing, Meerak presents a stunning new dress designs for women. With a blend of elegance and contemporary style, these dresses are a perfect choice for fashion-forward women. Buy now.

Elina A.

Not just guitars. But dust still sticks to everything. The items in my house are also constantly attacked by dust. I don't have a huge passion for the guitar. But I am very passionate about painting. My drawing tools are also constantly covered in dust. Too tired.

Post to Thread