• andrei

so... doesn't it work at all, or does it it cut out from time to time?

first try locating the weak spot: solderings, wires, pots, switch, output jack.
    if it isn't some bad pot/switch/jack, it may be a wire or soldering joint.

try pulling/moving the wires, till you find the source of your trouble.
    then resolder or replace the wire.
    (if it's a bad soldering joint - just resolder; if you suspect a weak wire - replace it)

• ESPKH4

im having the same problem on my 02 viper....the bridge selector goes dead....i think i might either have a bad EMG 81 or the selector is toast

• freeballin

Damn, forgot about this.

so... doesn't it work at all, or does it it cut out from time to time?

first try locating the weak spot: solderings, wires, pots, switch, output jack.
      if it isn't some bad pot/switch/jack, it may be a wire or soldering joint.

try pulling/moving the wires, till you find the source of your trouble.
      then resolder or replace the wire.
      (if it's a bad soldering joint - just resolder; if you suspect a weak wire - replace it)

It doesn't cut out, it just sort of always sounds like the volume pot has been turned down really low. With a clean sound I get no sound at all, if that makes it a little clearer.

I took it to a shop here in town and the electronics guy said I had a bad pickup, which can't be because I switched the pickups around to make sure they were both working. I don't believe he's familiar with pickups like EMG's though so whatever (we don't have shit in terms of guitar stuff around here).

I think another possibility might be that the wires that go from the quick connect to inside of the cavity are fucked. I had the pickup cutting out at one point from an the already weak signal to an almost nothing with distortion at one point. I would tap on the bridge pickup and it would come back, then fade again, etc. Assuming that is it, is it possible to get EMG wiring without a new pickup, or can I replace the bad wires with wires of the same type? I've never swapped, installed, blah blah blah pickups so I'm a n00b at this (isn't it obvious?).

Anyway, I can't be fucked to mess with it right now, so I'm going to wait until after my finals before I bother messing with it.

Cancel