Changing strap position on a vb-400

Updated
capoeiraesp
Hey all, I picked up a vb-400 the other day ($500 aud with case & strap, bargain here) and this is the first time i've had a viper. I knew there was the common problem of headstock weight dipping the guitar, so where abouts did you lot more your strap pin to? I'm a pit concerned about puttin it on the top horn for fear of splitting it. Pics and any other advice would be great
KFW

I've heard of people putting on the inside of the upper horn, that way it grips on to more wood. But you should be fine moving it to the tip of the horn, I think quite a few people here have done it without problems. If you are that worried about it take it to a local luthier. He'll probably do it for a small charge.

capoeiraesp

true ay, well it would definately be the most comfortable position i think too, maybe there's a way of reinforcing it too. you got any pics?

load more replies (1 of 1)
SDMFPantera

would putting it right in the middle (aligned with the neck on the slanted part)work or would it make no differnce.

ZephMan

Vipers are set right? I would put it behind the neck on the hell, it there's room.

indytruckboy

I put mine in the back. Just like on my SGs.

Post to Thread