EX-400 paint

Updated
zerosk8r900
I've had my EX-400 in white for about a month and a half now, and I got it from the local ESP dealer on discount because there were 3 very minor paint cracks. There are also places where the pain it really thin around the edges of the body. As i'm putting it away in its case, I bump the edge of the back of the guitar where one of the paint cracks was and a dime sized piece of paint chips off! Haven't taken it back yet to get looked at, but is this common at all for this to happen? I'm sure they'll replace it, but thats a bunch of bs that that would happen so easily. Has it happened to anyone on here?
Microdomus

Hell no! Take it back to the shop man.

CrugerD

i dont exactly treat my ex-400 well, its got quite a few chips from hitting the radiator and such, but even that has caused minor dings and the end of the wing and such, nothing like a dime sized chip.

zerosk8r900

I finally got it to the shop today to get looked at, and they said they couldn't do anything about it because they don't warranty paint chips or dings. Sort of pissed, but they said there is a guy in the area who could fix it so that's good.

Hiphopopotamus

How much will it cost to get it fixed?

asbloodrunsblack

you got ripped boi lol

ribbed

Hi,

I currently have an American Fender Strat, and I am looking to start playing more metal with my friend who has been playing drums for 15 years. I am looking to change my strat from a single coil to a humbucking emg 81/85 zakk wylde pickup on the neck and bridge, and a new pickguard, instead of purchasing a new guitar. I thought this would save price and I also like the strat I already have. Does anyone have any advice or information on these pickups or possible a better recomendation on how they would set this up? I am also wondering if it is neccessary to get prewired scratchguards or can I just find a humbucker fender pickguard to fit the pickup set they sell? Also does the American strat need to be routed for these pickups and pickguard?

Thanks for any information,

Adam

load more replies (2 of 2)
Knucks

I bought a Schecter Hellraiser recently and it comes with EMG's (81/85) and I just don't like 'em. I hear good things about the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts, although it's difficult to find a guitar that has them in a guitar shop.

On the other hand, I love passive pickups and I've been looking on several websites reading up reviews and such. The Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 and SH-5 Custom caught my eye. Each of those pickups are like a higher output version of a '59, with the SH-5 being the highest due to it's ceramic magnet. Each of these are not as hot as an active pickup though, but thats okay.

I've also been looking at Dimarzios, such as the ToneZone, Air Zone, Norton, and PAF Pro. The ToneZone and Air Zone descriptions sound great, I love midrange with a decent amount of bass. However, seeing as how the Hell Raiser is a mahogany guitar, I don't know how well those pickups would fare...perhaps they would become too muddy due to their tremendous bass response?

So I was just looking for some suggestions really. I'm going for a classic, midrangey, PAF sound, but with a decent amount of gain and punch...think Paul Gilbert and Slash combined. I do prefer getting my distortion from the amp rather than the pickup, but I do like the crunch of actives. I play 80's metal, hard rock, classic rock, and blues. So I'm looking for two pickups that can handle all of those styles.

Any suggestions?

Nostradamus

I have heard great things about bare knuckle pickups and will probably be trying them out on my next guitar.

load more replies (1 of 1)
jsp

I was thinking about getting a Custom 5, but I saw a good deal on a Dimarzio Norton and placed an order. We'll see how it is when I receive it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
jsp

Well, I got the Norton, and it's pretty badass. Based on what you're looking for, I highly recommend it.

hermz

You can't go past Bare Knuckle Pickups. Check them out. There's plenty of clips on their forums and if you send them an e-mail they can recommend the best pickup for you.

Post to Thread