ESP Standard Viper: bridge buzzes

Updated
Jomox75
Hello, I recently got my new ESP Viper and after some hours of playing I found some problems with it: 1. Intonation: the guitar wouldn't hold it's tune. 2. Strings buzz with lower action. I was disappointed by the low margin I had for lowering the bridge. Especially above the 12th fret and on the 3 high strings. So I had it set up by my local dealer. After the calibration there are some problems left. The intonation problem is gone but a low string action is still combined with some buzzing on higher frets (I'm using 11 to 46 strings) when played hard. The dealer says, as long as I can't hear it with my amp, it is normal and should be okay. It only makes the sound dirtier on a "healthy level". Many people would want it this way. :confused: If I'm not happy with, I should heighten the bridge a little. Wow, to be honest, even now with the buzz it's not THAT low... And now I have another new problem: The bridge buzzes when playing the 14th fret on the high E or the corresponding note on the B string! I'm feeling a little bit lost now and maybe someone here can help me out with my issues. Maybe I should return the guitar? Thanx in advance! Jomox75
Jomox75

Sorry, doublepost. If anyone could please close this thread?

rockinhockey

You could try having a tech set it up. other than that i would send it in and try and get a better one.

KH Guitar Freak

Is the bridge a tune-o-matic btw???

And you are certain it is coming from the bridge???

If it goes out of tune when you fret in certain places, even after you have intonated it perfectly, you might need a fret dress...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread