Insane Buzz

Updated
Shreddy
:rollin Well ive got really bad buzzing on my Alexi (Edwards). It started when i put new D'adario strings on it. Did'nt increase or decrease gauge or nothing. Put them on...setup the tremolo and i still get bad buzz all over. Although when i play it through the amp there is very little or nothing sometimes. Anyway i can solve this problem? Im not very good at adjusting the truss rod. And most of the buzzin' is on the Last three strings D,A,E. Halpz.
MikeC

is the floyde setup right?
if so then i think a truss rod adjustment is going to be needed.

andrei

different types/brands of strings have different properties, even if they're the same gauge.
(some may be slinkyer, other tougher, etc., this affects the way they vibrate)
if the d'addarios are softer than the other ones, this may explain the buzz.

if the neck's straight, don't bother with the thus rod.
just adjust, like caraluzzo said, the bridge/floyd (raise buzzing strings a bit).

Shreddy

Ok, i did that and got the floyd set up by a tech. He said that theres no problem...because theres no buzz while playing through the amp. Although i think i can hear a little buzz through the amp

andrei

you may do this kind of adjustments yoursef.
if you're at beginning, then a (full) setup by a tech is the way to go.

it's ideal not to have any fretbuzz at all (unplugged), with a decent low action.
i don't know how many midrange guitars are up to that, but i'd expect that from your edwards.

Shreddy

:( What should i do?

Shreddy

Damn, we don't get those SITs here. Ill probably have to find some way of getting them across.

Shreddy

^ok i think my neck is a little tilted towards the bottom whereas the floyd is horizontal (180deg)

And yeah my guitar came with SITs

Shreddy

^Thanks...

Shreddy

I have a lot of issues...

As for topic: I think i found the problem. I had changed my tuning from E to 1 step down. I setup my floyd rose back to E now and i only get buzz on the first 2 frets and on the last 2-3 strings.

I noticed that the strings are kind of slanting from the floyd rose. The action at the 24th fret is 3 times the action at the first fret. How could i go about getting that fixed?

Shreddy

How many degrees clockwise?

Shreddy

stop trying to be a smart ass... and you goof when i meant how many degrees clockwise i meant out of 360

Shreddy

what i was trying to ask was "How much should i turn (in degree) in respect to 360 being a complete turn"

Wow, why is that so hard to understand.

Shreddy

I thought the truss rod had a "circular screw head thingy" ...and AFAIK circles can turn 360deg

Shreddy

thanks a bunch!

Shreddy

Looks like ive got some Backbow. I don't think i want to touch it though

Post to Thread