Mx-220/250 in the states

Updated
David H.

1. I've heard stories but is it true that you need a Japanese postal/zip code to order an Mx-220/250 custom shop James Hetfield style from the justice/black album era 

2. If you order a custom shop rendition of that guitar, will it not show up at all because of import laws, or will they tell you you can't ship into the US

3. Thanks for your help. this may seem like a stupid question, but I would really love to get and EET FUK style Mx with the middle finger inlays

ccart
David H. wrote:

1. I've heard stories but is it true that you need a Japanese postal/zip code to order an Mx-220/250 custom shop James Hetfield style from the justice/black album era 

2. If you order a custom shop rendition of that guitar, will it not show up at all because of import laws, or will they tell you you can't ship into the US

3. Thanks for your help. this may seem like a stupid question, but I would really love to get and EET FUK style Mx with the middle finger inlays

Correct they only make them for the Japanese market so you have to go to Japan to order one.  Its not uncommon to find them available of the shelf in some Japanese guitar shops though.  ESP wouldn't agree to make one and post it outside of Japan.

They won't produce EET FUK middle finger inlays ever as James told them not to.  They made and sold around 25 before he told them to stop as it was his personal design and if you go on reverb.com there is one for sale, although its not cheap.  I've seen a couple of others up for sale this year and they go for similar prices.

You're better of keeping and eye on ebay and on reverb and picking one up that way that is already in your country.  You might need to be patient for the right one to come up and the black MXs seem to come up more often than white/vintage white.  Most of the time they will be second hand but you can get them in mint condition.  If you find one for sale online keep in mind import taxes, it might seem like a good price initially but after import tax less so.

ESP 348

Spot on man!

David H.

thanks man that really cleared things up

David H.
ccart wrote:

They won't produce EET FUK middle finger inlays ever as James told them not to.  They made and sold around 25 before he told them to stop as it was his personal design and if you go on reverb.com there is one for sale, although its not cheap.  I've seen a couple of others up for sale this year and they go for similar prices.

I've seen this for sale. But how much would customs be to get this into the states? Must be crazy.

Talon
David H. wrote:

I've seen this for sale. But how much would customs be to get this into the states? Must be crazy.

If you have to ask....

ccart
David H. wrote:

Couldn't say as I live in Europe, but when I've purchased stuff from the US it's usually been around 20% of the value.  It would probably be cheaper to fly to the seller and bring it back in person

Post to Thread